Returns, Rufunds & Warranty Terms & Conditions
1. All product returns must be clearly addressed as follows:
Yoo’s Technology PTY LTD
24/125 rooks Road
Nunawading VIC 3131
2. Customers must first apply for a return authorisation (RA) number by contacting us by email@example.com before returning any product to Yoo’s Technology. Customers can always contact our support team by calling our 1300-number (temporarily unavailable) to obtain the return authorisation number. When returning a product, the RA number or original invoice number / order number must be clearly visible outside the packaging. Products returned without an reference number will be rejected. Any returns outside of warranty claims, are subject to our prior approval.
3. You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with a product is major. Within ACCC guidelines for refunds the following factors will be taken into account to determine the refund value:
• how much time has passed since the product was purchased
• type of product
• how a consumer is likely to use the product
• the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
• the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
4. As of 12 PM AEDT 27/03/2020 all change of mind returns have been suspended until further notice due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation
5. Returns of products that have been dropped/damaged/modified/tampered/manufacturer labels removed will not be accepted. Goods that have already been opened are subject to our testing and approval and may require additional time to process. Returns of software or games will not be accepted unless it's for a warranty claim.
6. Advance replacement is only available for certain products where this is stated in the product description. Please contact us for instructions to be provided how to arrange this.
7. If products received are not as per your order, please inform Yoo’s Technology within 24 hours of receiving the delivery, do not open any packaging or use the products as it will be deemed as an acceptance of goods and will not be accepted for return. Yoo’s Technology may pack non retail boxed items using re-used packaging materials for added protection (e.g. hard drive packed inside an empty retail cdrom box).
8. There will be no credit or refund given on the price difference of the ordered items due to price drops once the product has been processed and shipped out. Prices of computer parts are volatile and we do not control the price fluctuations.
9. We do not accept any returns of any opened and used products that may breach the health & safety regulations such as headsets, ear pieces and headphones, unless the item is faulty.
10. Yoo’s Technology reserves the title of ownership for any extra or incorrect goods shipped as result of our error. We will arrange any extra shipments to recover these goods, and cover the cost in resolving this issue.
1. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
2. Upon Yoo’s Technology testing the products if the fault is determined as a major failure the customer can choose:
• a refund
• an identical replacement, or one of similar value if reasonably available
If the fault is determined as a minor failure Yoo’s Technology will choose to:
• repair the goods
• replace the goods
• offer a refund
3. Some products provide a local or direct manufacturer to customer warranty service. These products include printers, scanners, UPS and monitors and many other retail products. It is the customer choice to either use these services or return the product back to Yoo’s Technology. We strongly encourage usage of these services as it generally provides faster turnaround times and may sometimes be an onsite service where the service is performed at the customer's premises. Please read the manufacturer's warranty terms and conditions for the specific details.
4. Warranty is provided solely on products sold by Yoo’s Technology. Other faulty products used in conjunction that are not purchased from Yoo’s Technology will not be covered under warranty.
5. Any product sold by Yoo’s Technology is meant to be professionally installed; improper installation is NOT covered under warranty. Please seek or pay for a professional assistance if required, to avoid paying any unnecessary cost for replacement.
6. Systems built by Yoo’s Technology come as standard with a 2 year labour warranty which covers for the entire servicing requirement when the system requires servicing such as repair. When your system has any hardware failure, Yoo’s Technology will rebuild/repair back to its original condition at no extra charge. Labour warranty covers only the hardware and its original operating system/software that Yoo’s Technology installed (must be purchased from Yoo’s Technology only), so it does not include any hardware/software troubleshooting or repair that we did not originally install.
- Labour warranty will be void if the system is verified to be re-installed, changed, fixed, or replaced by any third parties or any person that are not authorized by Yoo's Technology.
7. Yoo’s Technology does NOT cover any software installation issues e.g. drivers or system software updates for any computer where Yoo’s Technology did not install the software originally. Should any warranty claims arise where software is at fault, installed by the customer, standard charges will apply.
8. Yoo’s Technology is not responsible for any data loss; backing up of data is the responsibility of the customer. Yoo’s Technology does not provide a backup or data recovery service when sending hard disks for warranty claims. Hard drives sent for warranty are always replaced with a new/refurbished unit. Yoo’s Technology will provide the customer with a repair notice before accepting any product where:
• the product being refunded/repaired/replaced is capable of retaining user-generated data, for example, mobile phones, computers, hard drives
• refurbished product may be provided rather than repair, or refurbished parts are used in the repair of defective products.
9. Warranty will be rejected for any non-manufacturing defects, if the item is found to be mishandled, modified, tampered, abused, physically damaged, improperly installed and used, or damaged caused by power surges, electrical faults and lightning strikes. Products returned that show evidence of user induced damage, over clocking, tampering or modification, will be denied. This includes improper installation of the CPU heat sink, scratches on motherboard, failure of fan/heat sink, broken or damaged parts, cutting of cables or the soldering of components.
10. Please provide original packaging if possible or adequate safe packaging as insufficient safe packaging will result in warranty being voided should any damage occur in transit.
11. A large percentage of warranty returns are tested to be without fault. In the event the product is not faulty, Yoo’s Technology reserves the right to charge a minimum service fee of $50 per product for time spent on testing the product. Any shipping or handling costs will also be chargeable to customer.
12. Returns of non faulty items are considered on a case by case basis, included temporary substitute products. A minimum 15% restocking fee may applies.
13. Yoo’s Technology will only be responsible for uncollected warranty products for a maximum period of 60 days. If the customer does not collect their goods within this time period Yoo’s Technology will dispose of the goods by following the disposing of uncollected goods policy of the Australian Consumer Law.
Warranty cover will not apply to:
1. Any product that has not been installed in accordance with the installation instruction supplied by the equipment manufacturer or damaged due to incorrect installation.
2. Any product that is repaired or altered by anyone other than authorised Yoo’s Technology service personnel where a product disassembled or repaired in such a manner that performance or functionality is affected.
3. Any product that fails or is damaged as a result of improper storage, operation under abnormal conditions misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, act of God or maladjustment of consumer controls. Short circuiting the equipment will be considered misuse and will cause the product not to be covered by the warranty.
4. Accessories and consumable goods such as keyboard, mouse and joystick if they are a result of heavy use, or shows sign of normal wear and tear.
5. Any defect or damage caused by or resulting from the connection or attachment to the product that has not been approved by the manufacturer for connection or attachment to the product.
6. Defects or damage due to spills of liquid or other substances (water damage, dust, cigarette), excessive temperature or humidity and environmental conditions.
7. Aesthetic or surface damage or scratches to all plastic surfaces and other external parts damaged due to normal customer use.
8. Any cost of hardware or software removal or reinstallation. Removal of parts from a system if it's not bought as a system will attract labour charge.
9. Any product or part thereof which has suffered through alteration or defacement of the serial number or warranty seals as such where an unauthorised service personnel opening the product without permission from Yoo’s Technology.
Customer service staff are standing by to assist you - 6 days a week. Please complete the form below and we’ll aim to answer your enquiry within 48 hours.
You can also contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org